Thanks, Robyn! I’ll post this recipe to …
Comment posted Customizable Shampoo Bar Recipe by soapmakerj.
Thanks, Robyn! I’ll post this recipe to its own page soon=)
soapmakerj also commented
- Actually Tonya, lye is what makes it soap=) Without either sodium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide, or maybe another basic chemical (there may be others, I’m not sure), your mixture will not become soap at all.
- As long as it is a 100% stainless steel bowl, it is ok. Otherwise, glass or plastic would be better.
- It should be good to go now. Thanks for letting me know=)
Recent comments by soapmakerj
- A Winning Strategy for Your Soap Business Pt. 3
That is fine as long as I can take a look before you publish the final version=)
- Selling Your Homemade Soap
Thanks for your comment. I don’t think that email is the best method for this. Email can easily be lost amongst hundreds of other messages or can end up in the spam folder. My suggestion would be to send physical mail to a wide number of establishments. In the package, include a sample or two of your soap along with a “menu” of your other products. On your menu, be sure to include pictures and descriptions next to each item. Explain how your soap will improve the satisfaction of their visitors=) Try to follow up with a phone call a few days after the package is anticipated to arrive. Keep us posted on how it goes!
WOW! I was not expecting such an outpouring of support=) Thank you to everyone! I really like the ideas that have been submitted. Initially, I was thinking only those with a few years worth of experience could contribute but, I think that a log of a beginner’s journey (like Deena suggested) would be very inspiring.
I noticed that a forum was also mentioned numerous times. I’d always resisted the idea of making a forum because I knew that I would not be able to be there enough to answer everyone’s questions. From the responses, it looks like that may not be an issue. I’m definitely considering adding the forum now.
I’m going to keep thinking about how to pull this off. If you have any other ideas, definitely post them in the comments=)
- Men’s Soap Gifts
Sorry for the delay. Here is one that I found. Take a look and see what you think=)
- Shea Butter Melt & Pour Soap Recipe
Actually, the link is in the very first sentence under the video=)
powered by SEO Super Comments
April 11, 2011 by soapmakerj