Hi Michelle, the only way to make …
Comment posted What Do You Want to Know? by FLOR.
hi Michelle, the only way to make soap without lye would be to buy premade soap in bulk and rebatch it or use glycerin soap (melt and pour soap) and about the sls, there are some melt and pour bases that are sold without it. there is a company called wholesale supplies plus that has it. and there are some companies online that sell the soap premade without scent and you just rebatch it and scent and color it as you wish. I hope this helps.
FLOR also commented
- hi, yes there are dyes that dont run or “bleed” is another therm for it. I have read so many things about the dyes. the best ones to use, even though a little more expensive, are non-bleeding dyes. another reason why your soap might be doing that is too much dye, I know I’ve done it myself. its okay if you’re doing color shaped soaps for kids its cool, they will have a blast. but for grown ups, they dont enjoy it too much..haha. I know my boyfriend’s washcloth turned black with a soap I made for him. hope this helps.
- thanks so much. I sure will look into. it.
- I live in texas. It would be nice to know how to go about registering as a “hobby” stall. I’ve never been in a craft show before or sold anything other than cosmetics from diferent companies, and I did that from home and with friends. I would like to start out small and try to make it a business later on. I want to try my luck at it. I do love making soap. its so exciting and you can get so creative with it. I make hot process soaps from scratch and some melt and pour.
- I would say a little of everything, but it doesnt help you. one thing I would like to know is if youre just starting out, dont want to set up a website or a shop, can you sell at craft shows? and if you can, do you have to register a company name in order to sign up to sell at craft shows? I have been making some soap, I do hot process and Im having so much fun with it. I have done probably 10 or more diferent soaps, some with goats milk,I’ve also made a lot of melt and pour. Im really enjoying this, but would like to set up at a craft show and dont know how to go about doing it. I would like to learn also about perfume making, its so interesting. I made some with sweet almond oil and some perfume oil. I made it for me and my sister.
Recent comments by FLOR
- Selling Your Homemade Soap
If you want to set up as a crafter can you sell the soap? Or what does it mean? What do you do to set up?
- Sweet Black Licorice Soap by Diane
the website looks great! and the recipe sounds real nice!
powered by SEO Super Comments
May 20, 2011 by soapmakerj