Selling Your Homemade Soap
Do you enjoy making your own soaps? Have you thought about starting your own soap making business? Don’t know where to begin? Marketing is one of the most important parts of starting a small business because without marketing you have no way of reaching potential clients and selling your handmade soap.
One way to start selling your soaps to wholesalers is to begin selling in your own hometown.
Potential Clients for You Soap Making Business:
There are many ways to promote your own soap making business and listed below are five types of companies to get you started.
- Bath and Body Boutiques are small stores that sell bath and body care products. Begin by looking for independently owned and they carry an assortment of products from different manufacturers.
- Bed and Breakfasts’ are small establishments that are run like a hotel and usually specialize in offering personalized attention to their guests.
Many Bed and Breakfast’s will prefer miniature sizes of your handmade soaps and the owners may also ask for gift baskets for special occasions, such as Christmas, Mother’s Day and Valentine’s Day.
- Gift Basket Companies are also a great outlet for selling your handmade soap as they regularly buy body and bath products for their “pamper baskets”.
- Health Food Outlet. Don’t be fooled by the name because there are a lot of Health Food Outlets or stores that sell naturally made products such as handmade soaps.
- Day Spas also offer skin care products and freshly scented soaps.
Start Your Soap Making Business Online
If the idea of approaching companies does not appeal to you and you don’t want your soaps to compete with other products why not try online selling? If you can’t afford a website or do not want the hassle of maintaining it you should consider the auction site EBay. Selling on EBay is easy as all you need to do is register (free of charge) and create a listing (advertisement) for your handmade soaps. The only costs you will pay on EBay are the small listing fee and a final value fee if your handmade soap is sold.
More Options When Starting a Soap Making Business?
Another option when marketing your soap making business is to host a “home party” where guests have a chance to buy your handmade soaps. You could even start your own party plan business. If you are on a tight budget or what give your customers more of a variety you should consider teaming up with a friend who also sells handmade products, such as handmade candles, bath bombs, bath salt, body lotion and facial scrubs, and massage oils.
However you decide how to sell and market your handmade soaps, it is important to make sure you have set a price for your soap that will allow you to cover your expenses while still earning a profit. Even though making handmade soap is fun and the idea of starting a making business can be exciting it can also be time consuming so remember not to underestimate the value of your time when pricing your soap.
Start Your Own Soap Making Business the Easy Way!
I created the Soap Making Fun Business Guide for just that reason! I interviewed four soap business owners from around the US to get their advice on how to build a successful soap business.
Their secrets are ones that they had to learn through trial and error – but you get them handed to you on a silver platter.
In the Soap Making Fun Business Guide, you will:
- Discover the EXACT Steps for Starting Your Soap Business
- Get the Secrets to Starting Your Business on a TINY Budget
- Find Out About the Mistakes that Beginners NEVER Think About & How to Avoid Them
- Uncover Marketing Methods that are Proven to Sell Soap – Even if You are “Afraid of Selling”
- How to Generate More Profits with Each Sale
- Find Out About the Legal Aspects You MUST Address
- Unique Techniques for Getting Vital Business Needs Filled Without Spending a Dime!
- How to Prepare for Craft Shows
- And Much More
With the Soap Making Fun Business Guide, you will get everything you need to know in order to start your business.
Not only that but the course is covered by my 60-Day Money Back Guarantee!
If you have ever dreamed about having your own soap business – something that is not only rewarding but also puts money into your pocket - All you need to do is take the next step.